Purpose Driven Workforce

Why do you do what you do? Are you living for a purpose?

According to a new report, 28% of the US workforce or 42 million people are purpose driven in their work. That’s a huge number, but I guess it leaves 72% of people not feeling the energy of a sense of meaningfulness and direction in what they do. Is that because they don’t love what they do? Not so fast. Purpose, according to the report, is a trait not a state. In other words, people who are purpose driven feel that way no matter what circumstance they are in… rather than being dependent on that circumstance being right. I wonder – is there a way the people who aren’t purpose-driven can turn on a sense of purpose? Is that what leadership is for?

Close Menu